Struck out at a variety of stores I’d expect to see them; no pfeffernusse! What’s happened to this holiday tradition this year?
- One Bridgestone Blizzak Revo 1 tire in size 185/65 R15. Just one, in good shape, to replace my lamented one.
- A current email address for Phelps Allis, a good friend from very long ago (married Sara Wolf, apparently).
- Salt & pepper packets, or mini shakers for my office. I need them about 5 times a year, but when I do, it’s really annoying to not have any.
- A fix for the WordPress 2.6.x plugin error Fatal error: amzlookup() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘AmazonShowcase_Assets/IsterXmlSimpleXMLImpl.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php’) in ~/blah/blog/wp-content/plugins/amazon-showcase-wordpress-widget/amazonshowcase.php on line 314 which affects another plugin (I suspect a 2.6.x issue with older plugins)
- Better time management skills, so I’m efficient at carving out chunks of time to get serious coding/writing tasks done, instead of fire fighting.
- Graphics-fu, to improve my ASF Swag tshirt shop.
- That magical Windows-based twitter/WordPress/blog/presence awareness/IM client that ties it all together. Twhirl is pretty and Trillan is useful, but…
- A serious yet compact espresso machine that actually fits under our counters.
- A way in Lotus Domino to display views with response hierarchies, but with only response and response to response documents: here, I need a categorized column that shows mid-level responses, and then a hierarchy of response-to-responses.
- A spare power plug (just the 3 wire cord from the wall to the power adapter) for a MacBook Pro.
- Maps, maps, maps. Preferably historical Boston. I already have Mapping Boston.
- A new roof. Sigh. Trying out 2Hat Design Build now.
- ApacheCon US 2008 attendees to fill out the survey I sent with thoughtful data, so we can better plan future conferences.
- A magic password manager that I trust has serious encryption, and is easy and flexible to use.
- Better and easier IMAP mail hosting. I’m not sure I want to go all GMail, but I’m sure getting sick of 1and1′s 20K message limit.
- A good pool in/near Arlington I can join. Special bonus points for salt water (instead of chlorine treated). My current exercise is too far away.
- To blog more. And another Vesper. Damn, they’re good. Please note, I’ve always loved gin.
In no particular order.