Too many interesting tabs open in FF right now to not link them.
- Newspapers and Thinking the Unthinkable How the printing press – and the internet – change the world. Best quote: “If you can’t trust Aristotle, who can you trust?”
- Geir’s most recent perspective on the problems Sun is causing with TCKs. This is an important issue for people who care about Java licensing (I know, a number of you are laughing about caring about that), and unfortunately a confusing one. Now I’m trying to remember if I’m covered under any NDAs, or if I could write my own scathing article about it. Oh, it all started here.
- A few select quotes about the evolution of HTML specs. Here, 99% of the world doesn’t care; but if you do care, Sam’s laconic recounting of how the specs got here is a key source.
- Open source advocate gets beaten up. This is just plain wrong. I really don’t care about religious arguments (context: GPL vs AL vs proprietary, etc.) that color the posting and a lot of the comments. But punching someone for working for a charity that helps kids? Inexcuseable.
- Irish Stormtroopers. Hey, the list needed some humor! Plus, a neighbor used the Imperial March from Star Wars over the weekend, and I needed my stormtrooper fix. Too bad not everyone is allowed to participate in the parade.