Thanks to the weather gods for our first sunny summer weekend – and happy 4th of July to all who celebrate it. Bonus thanks for the friends who threw a great party this afternoon too! Now must go find my recording of the 1812 Overture to listen to again…
Don’t forget to check the websites for updates (especially traffic nightmares) before you make plans in the Boston area’s many July 4th celebrations.
- Useful overall guide on Boston.com
- The formal program and details at the Hatch Shell, the best July4th event evah! (watch out for shahhhks!)
- Specific , including Longfellow Bridge, which is not available to watch the show from.
- Other events near Boston (various museum things, plus many of the individual town displays)
- “Boston Harborfest” is another group organizing events, but their website is so poorly organized I’m not going to subject you to it.
- Our nation’s Vice President will be attending an event in Charlestown at the U.S.S. Constitution, so unless you’re planning a political protest, you’d do best to avoid… um, probably Charlestown, Boston, and East Boston, presuming he’s taking a military flight into Logan and needlessly tying up traffic throughout the city on such a major holiday. Sigh.